You are here
In brief, we expect all our participants to be safe, polite and legal in their use of our websites.
Digital Unite Limited Registered Limited Company in England No. 3444239
VAT Registration No. 744 3044 51
Registered Office: 18 Hundred Acres Wickham Fareham Hampshire PO17 6JB UK
Acceptable use policy
Copyright of all content within the Websites is owned or licenced by DU. You are permitted to view, download and print material from the Websites subject to your agreement that:
- Your use of the material is for your own personal information, and for non-commercial purposes only
- You will acknowledge DU or its licensors as the owner
- You will not duplicate DU’s materials anywhere online without the express permission of DU.
- You will not modify the documents or graphics in any form or manner
- You will not copy or distribute graphics separately from their accompanying text and you will not quote materials out of their context
Each individual is responsible for the security and use of their Username and password. You are not allowed to use the account, Username or password of any other person nor disclose your Username or password to anyone else for their use. You acknowledge that you are responsible for making back-up copies of all your data and taking appropriate precautions against viruses, hacking and other types of computer misuse.
Whilst we try to ensure that the Websites do not contain any error, defect, malfunction or corruption, we do not accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of data on your computer system, network or server that results from the download or use of the Websites or any materials made available on it (except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
Digital Unite is not liable for any increased costs or expenses, loss of profit, data, earnings, business, contracts, revenues or expected savings or any special, indirect or consequential damage arising out of your use of the Websites.
When using the Websites you must:
- Respect the rights of others
- Comply with current and future legislations including:
- General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679
- Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Telecommunications Act 1984
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997
The following are not permitted at any time:
- The creation, display, production, storage, circulation or transmission of pornographic or other offensive material in any form or medium (including sending, posting or displaying offensive images, language or any other type of offensive content including the bullying, harassment or intimidation of others.)
- Creating, storing or transmitting:
- Defamatory or libellous material
- Material that infringes copyright
- Unsolicited commercial or advertising material
- Intentionally providing or submitting false information
- Intentionally restricting network traffic with high bandwidth use
- Flooding forums and other services unnecessarily or with inappropriate content/material
- Editing or modifying any element of the Websites without permission
- Deliberately introducing any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or nuisance programme or file, or deliberately circumventing any precautions taken by the Websites, its owners and/or its hosting providers to prevent this from happening
- Using any service for commercial purposes or profit
- Copying any code, software or content provided without written permission
- Providing access to the Websites to any third parties without written permission in advance
Digital Unite reserves the right to examine or delete any files, data or content that may be held on the Websites which it deems to be in breach of any of the above.
4. Access to DCN
You must be affiliated to an organisation that has signed up to membership of the DCN in order to be eligible to gain access to the DCN via the self-enrolment voucher code that is given to you. Alternatively, you can gain access to the DCN via a direct application to Digital Unite. All requests for access to DCN are subject to acceptance by us. You are permitted access to DCN and connected services on the basis you comply with and uphold these terms. Access may be restricted or removed in the event of misuse. Your enrolment gives you online access solely to the online training and support for which you have been given a login (‘Training’) and does not include delivery of any hard copy materials or items.
5. Compatibility using DCN
You can log onto the DCN from any computer using your assigned user name and password. Not all computers have all the software needed to use or complete your Training, and so we do not make any commitment that the Training will be compatible with or operate with the software or hardware on your computer. If your computer does not have the necessary software installed, contact us and we will advise you to download the software (at your cost and risk) that should allow you to use the Training. If we recommend that you either enable cookies or download certain publicly accessible software to ensure that your computer is capable of accessing the DCN, you do so at your own risk.
6. Cancellation and transferability for DCN
You have the right to cancel your access to the DCN by informing Digital Unite in writing at email@example.com. This does not affect your statutory rights. Your membership will be cancelled within 5 working days of your written request.
7. Changes to these Terms
8. Entire Agreement
9. Governing Law