Many people need to use the Internet and don’t yet have the digital skills to search for information, contact friends or family or apply for a job. Being a Digital Champion is about enthusing others to learn more about life online, and supporting them to make the most of the internet. You don’t have to be an expert with computers and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve really helped people and communities to get connected!
You are here
What does the role involve?
Some great reasons to get involved
- Certificates and badges to add to your CV
- Free online courses, resources and support
- Share ideas and receive support
- Have fun and feel good – it’s very satisfying to know you’ve made a difference to those around you!
"Being a Digital Champion has been incredibly rewarding and worthwhile and I would really recommend it as a great volunteering opportunity."
- Tim McSweeny. Read more...
"It is good to know that as Digital Champions we can do our bit and share our knowledge and enthusiasm for the internet to help others."
- Brian and Linda Dove. Read more...
Coronavirus: resources & support
We have created a series of four guides to help you become confident in helping others as a Remote Digital Champion. We have produced them in handy, printable pdfs. Download them here:
- Getting started: Being a remote Digital Champion
- Helping others: Top techniques
- Essential tools and tech for remote support
- Understanding how to keep you and your learners safe when offering remote support
We’ve also pulled together some of our most relevant digital guides to help you and your learners make the most out on being online during Covid-19.